WALKING TOUR CUSCO HALF DAY
- DETAILLS -
Our walking tour half day is a introduction to daily life of Cusco where you get to explore the principal sites and areas of interest. This tour is a gentle walking tour, suitable for all levels of fitness, and is a nice way to acclimatize to Cusco’s high altitude, especially if you have also booked a hike.
Cusco (Qosqo in Quechua), means navel of the world, and is one of the most extensive regions of Peru. Its geographical location has allowed it to develop agriculturally, highlighting the cultivation of corn, quinoa, barley, potatoes, tea and coffee. Today Tourism is its main source of income, due to the great archaeological wealth left by the Tahuantinsuyo empire and the passage of the Spaniards. It is undoubtedly the city that preserves the most beautiful and important archaeological monuments of Peru and America, among them Macchu Pichu, being in this way the first tourist destination in our country, an important tourist destination for those who come to appreciate the impressive Inca architecture; made with originality and perfection the works in stone.
- Capital: The city of Cusco.
- Location: In the central and southern area of Peru, 1 494 km from the city of Lima.
- Altitude: 3,399 m.s.n.m
- Climate: Cold and dry weather, and average annual temperature of 11 ° C. The rainy season is from November to April.
- Extension: 71,892 Km2.
Cusco was once the capital of the Inca Empire and one of the most important cities of the Viceroyalty of Peru.
The city of Cusco currently holds many titles that have been attributed due to its history, archeology, anthropology and architecture:
- Cusco Cultural Heritage.
- Cusco Archaeological Capital of America.
- Cusco Historical Capital of Peru.
- Cusco Navel of the World.
During the Viceroyalty big houses, stunning churches and convents were built upon Inca foundations, such constructions have magnificent works of art inside.
We will pick you up at the Hotel where you are staying, The tour begins at the Plaza de Armas where we explore the beautiful main Cathedral of Cusco,. From here we walk to the old San Pedro Market, which sells all manner of produce, meat and poultry, as well as handicrafts. This is where locals go to shop for their groceries. We then continue to Qoricancha (the Sun Temple) which was the most important religious center in Incan times. Today it is also known as the Santo Domingo Convent. We end the tour at Qoricancha or Plaza de Armas (your choice) where it will be the perfect time to have lunch.
- Professional English speaking tour guide.
- Bottle of water and snacks
- Transport (this is a walking tour)
- Tips for your guide
WHAT TO BRING
- Good sneakers or light hiking boots
- A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings
- Comfortable clothing
- Money for the tourist pass and Qoricancha entrance ticket
- Rain gear
- Water and snacks
List of objects to take to the tour.
This tour leaves every day of the year.
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ --.00 3 - 4 $ --.00 5 - 7 $ --.00 8 - More $ --.00
Get On Touch