RAINBOW MOUNTAIN HIKE 2 DAYS
- DETAILLS -
Rainbow Mountain hike 2 days, is one of the new attractions in Cusco, designed to enjoy the visit to the mountain Vinicunca in Ausangate, in these two days you will be able to appreciate in a meticulous and profound way the beauty of this Andean paradise, and be the first to arrive and see the mountain in all its splendor.
According to the research, the coloration of the rainbow mountain is due to the composition of minerals that it has: the pink color is for the red clay, fangolitas and arilitas. The whitish, for the quartzose sandstone and marls, rich in calcium carbonate. The red is composed of the clay (iron) and clays belonging to the upper tertiary. The green is due to the compound of phyllites and clays rich in ferro magnesian. The earthy brown is a product of fanglomerate composed of rock with magnesium belonging to the Quaternary era. And the mustard yellow color for the calcareous sandstones rich in sulfur minerals, the vinicunca mountain is rich in all these minerals.
- Starting Altitude - 3800m / 12,467ft..
- Highest Altitude - 5000m / 16.404ft.
- Meals - 2 breakfast, 2 lunch, 1 dinner
- Overall Difficulty - Moderate
- STARTING POINT: - Cusco at your hotel
Since 2016, a new tourist route has been opened to the public in the Cusco region, which has gained a lot of popularity quickly in the Peruvian and foreign tourists.
The Vinicunca mountain is located in the vicinity of the Ausangate mountain (6,384 meters above sea level / 20,944), the fifth highest mountain in Peru, and one of the most important Apus (god) for the Incas.
The Rainbow Mountain is located in the Cordillera del Vilcanota at (5,200 meters above sea level / 17.0604), in the district of Pitumarca. the mountain is colored by stripes of intense shades of pink, whitish, green, brown, yellow, fuchsia, turquoise, lavender and gold.
According to the "Business Insider" website that I published in August 2017, The Mountain of Rainbow appeared on the list of 100 places to visit before dying recommended by travel experts.
- DAY 1: CUSCO – OCONGATE – UPIS – ALBERGUE CAMP
- DAY 2: ANANTA PASS – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – QESOYUNO – CUSCO
DAY 1: CUSCO – OCONGATE – UPIS – ALBERGUE CAMP
We will pick you up from the your hotel in Cusco at 4:30 am to drive you towards Tinky about 2.5 hours. We will stop in Tinky to have breakfast and after breakfast 45 minutes more by car to Upis where we will begin the trek. After we meet in Upis with the horseman and the cooks we will get ready for the hike. The trek starts with 3 hour uphill hike to Pucacocha where we will have a nutritious lunch, then we will continue for 2 hours to Arapa pass at 4800 m / 15748 ft. Then we will continue the trek for 3 more hours towards the Camp which is located in a place called Albergue. Once at the camp we will enjoy a delicious dinner and then rest in the tents.
DAY 2: ANANTA PASS – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – QESOYUNO – CUSCO
This day, we are gonna wake up at 5:00 am with hot coca tea in order to have breakfast around 5:45. after we will start the trek to the rainbow mountain. We will start our hike with 3 hours ascent to the view point of the Rainbow Mountain. Actually we are going be the first ones at the Rainbow Mountain to enjoy the place at all with plenty of time for photographing, walk around and enjoy the beauty of the area. After we hike downhill for 2.5 hours to Qesoyuno where you have a delicious lunch surrounded by mountains. After lunch the car from the company will pick up us to drive back to cusco for 3.5 hours to take you back to your hotel.
- Briefing a day before to start the trek
- A professional trekking tour guide
- Transportations from cusco to starting point of the trek + transportation from qesoyuno to cusco
- Cooks and cooking equipment
- Horse to carry all the equipmet
- Horseman to be in charge of all the packs
- 1 Duffle Bag to organise 7 kilos of your personal belongins for the trek. It will be carry by horses.
- 1 confortable sleeping tent for each 2 people
- 1 confortable Mattresses per person
- Entrance to the rainbow mountain
- 2 breakfast
- 2 lunches
- 1 dinner
- 1 tea time
- first aid kit
- Oxygen bottle
- Final dinner.
- Sleeping bags
- Walking Sticks: you can hire from our company
- Additional horses for extra personal luggage above that of the personal item allowance.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips (the amount you tip (or if you tip) is a personal decision and it is NOT an obligation.
WHAT TO BRING
- A backpack
- A beanie hat or ear warmer
- Sun hat
- A mid weight sweater
- A longsleeve t-shirt
- 1 – 2 t-shirts
- A lightweight suater or vest
- A pair of long pants
- Hiking shoes
- An extra pair of shoe
- 2 – 3 pairs wool socks
- A jacket
- A small towel
- Rain gear
- 1 – 2 pair shorts
- A small headlamp
- A toothbrust and other personal toiletries
- Toilet paiper
- Sun cream
- Camera and film
- Original passport (International Student Identity Card “ISIC” if applicable)
- Extra money for drinks.
- Emergency money at least 300-450 extra soles (USD$ 220)
List of objects to take to the trek.
This walk leaves every day of the year.
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ ---.00 3 - 4 $ ---.00 5 - 7 $ ---.00 8 - More $ ---.00
“This Trek to Rainbow Mountain is available on any date that is best suited for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers”
Get On Touch