CITY TOUR CUSCO HALF DAY
- DETAILLS -
City Tour Cusco is the tour which will make you live a unique experience, take you through time, through the glorious days of the Inca Empire, the Colonial and the Republican eras, to the present days of the town of Cusco. This is a city that preserves its customs, traditions and experiences and which maintains its mysteries and stories of a legendary past. The tour also gives us the opportunity to see the whole city and the surrounding landscape.
Cusco (Qosqo in Quechua), means navel of the world, and is one of the most extensive regions of Peru. Its geographical location has allowed it to develop agriculturally, highlighting the cultivation of corn, quinoa, barley, potatoes, tea and coffee. Today Tourism is its main source of income, due to the great archaeological wealth left by the Tahuantinsuyo empire and the passage of the Spaniards. It is undoubtedly the city that preserves the most beautiful and important archaeological monuments of Peru and America, among them Macchu Pichu, being in this way the first tourist destination in our country, an important tourist destination for those who come to appreciate the impressive Inca architecture; made with originality and perfection the works in stone.
- Capital: The city of Cusco.
- Location: In the central and southern area of Peru, 1 494 km from the city of Lima.
- Altitude: 3,399 m.s.n.m
- Climate: Cold and dry weather, and average annual temperature of 11 ° C. The rainy season is from November to April.
- Extension: 71,892 Km2.
Cusco was once the capital of the Inca Empire and one of the most important cities of the Viceroyalty of Peru.
The city of Cusco currently holds many titles that have been attributed due to its history, archeology, anthropology and architecture:
- Cusco Cultural Heritage.
- Cusco Archaeological Capital of America.
- Cusco Historical Capital of Peru.
- Cusco Navel of the World.
During the Viceroyalty big houses, stunning churches and convents were built upon Inca foundations, such constructions have magnificent works of art inside.
CITY TOUR CUSCO
In the afternoon, at approximately 13:30 we’ll pick you up from your hotel to do the city tour in the beautiful city of Cusco, the city tour includes a visit to the Temple of Qoricancha also known as "Temple of the Sun" its architecture and perfect stone buildings show that during the rule of the Incas this was the most important temple, then we’ll observe the Cathedral in the main square where we will see a variety of paintings from the Cusco School, sculptures, works in gold and embossed silver. Afterwards we will travel out of town where we’ll visit the 4 ruins:
The fortress of Sacsayhuaman, strategically built on a hill from which you can appreciate the whole town of Cusco. It is famous for its enormous carved stones, and also because in this place the Inti Raymi is performed every year. Then we visit Qenko, an archaeological complex that had a religious function. Afterwards we’ll visit a place called Puca Pucara, which means "Red Fortress", is believed to be a military construction which made part of the defense system of Cusco. Finally we’ll visit Tambomachay, a temple dedicated to the worship of water, until today its water sources can be appreciated.
After having completed our city tour we’ll return to Cusco at approximately 18:30 hrs.
- Official tour guide fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua
- Tourist ticket: 70 soles for the 4 Inca sites (If you are also doing the Sacred Valley tour, it is actually better to purchase the 10-day tourist ticket which is 130 soles total (which gives you access to other sites in the Sacred Valley and some museums and attractions in Cusco and is good for 10 days).
- Cathedral: 25 soles
- Q’oricancha/Temple of the Sun: 15 soles
- Tips for the Guide and driver.
- Meals: There are no meals served during this tour. You should be back in Cusco in time to enjoy lunch on your
WHAT TO BRING
- Good sneakers or light hiking boots
- A small day backpack to carry your personal belongings
- Comfortable clothing
- Money for the tourist pass and Qoricancha entrance ticket
- Rain gear
- Water and snacks
List of objects to take to the tour.
This tour leaves every day of the year.
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ 70.00 3 - 4 $ 50.00 5 - 7 $ 30.00 8 - More $ 20.00
Get On Touch