RAINBOW MOUNTAIN HIKE 4 DAYS
- DETAILLS -
Rainbow Mountain Hike 4 Days, this is a new package that combines part of the classical route to Ausangate mountain until you reach the Vinicunca mountain, in these four days you will be able to appreciate in a meticulous and profound way the beauty of this Andean paradise and be the first to arrive and see the Rainbow mountain in all its splendor.
According to the research, the coloration of the rainbow mountain is due to the composition of minerals that it has: the pink color is for the red clay, fangolitas and arilitas. The whitish, for the quartzose sandstone and marls, rich in calcium carbonate. The red is composed of the clay (iron) and clays belonging to the upper tertiary. The green is due to the compound of phyllites and clays rich in ferro magnesian. The earthy brown is a product of fanglomerate composed of rock with magnesium belonging to the Quaternary era. And the mustard yellow color for the calcareous sandstones rich in sulfur minerals, the vinicunca mountain is rich in all these minerals.
- Starting Altitude - 3800m / 12,467ft..
- Highest Altitude - 5000m / 16.404ft.
- Meals - 4 breakfast, 4 lunch, 3 dinner
- Overall Difficulty - Moderate
- STARTING POINT: - Cusco at your hotel
Since 2016, a new tourist route has been opened to the public in the Cusco region, which has gained a lot of popularity quickly in the Peruvian and foreign tourists.
The Vinicunca mountain is located in the vicinity of the Ausangate mountain (6,384 meters above sea level / 20,944), the fifth highest mountain in Peru, and one of the most important Apus (god) for the Incas.
The Rainbow Mountain is located in the Cordillera del Vilcanota at (5,200 meters above sea level / 17.0604), in the district of Pitumarca. the mountain is colored by stripes of intense shades of pink, whitish, green, brown, yellow, fuchsia, turquoise, lavender and gold.
According to the "Business Insider" website that I published in August 2017, The Mountain of Rainbow appeared on the list of 100 places to visit before dying recommended by travel experts.
- DAY 1: CUSCO – OCONGATE – UPIS – ALBERGUE CAMP
- DAY 2: ANANTA PASS – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – QESOYUNO – CUSCO
DAY 1: CUSCO – OCONGATE – UPIS
This first day we’ll leave Cusco very early for our three-hour trip in a private vehicle to the small village of Tinqui (3,800 meters). We will go by beautiful landscapes and several traditional villages as Urcos, Cattca and Ocangate. In Tinqui we will have lunch, after lunch we begin to walk through beautiful mountain landscapes with great views of Mount Ausangate. We walk for an average of 4 hours to reach the hot springs in Upis (4400 meters). In this place we will have dinner and spend the night.
DAY 2: UPIS – PUCA COCHA
After breakfast, we head to the first pass called the Abra Arapa (4850 meters). After passing the Abra we will have lunch, After lunch we continue on to Lake Pucacocha- a blue lake and a perfect stop for a break. Along the way you will see local herders and llamas, Ausangate mountain to your left, and you will have your expert guide explaining the history of the locals and talking about the landscape along the way. If you're lucky you may see condors and vicuñas at our campsite where you will be surrounded by high mountains and incredible glaciers- watch for the Ausangate glacier crashing into the lake below! As always camp will be set up for you to change and rest your weary legs and dinner will be prepared.
DAY 3: PUCA COCHA — ANANTA
After breakfast, We will start with a steep ascent of Puca Cocha pass. While is partially difficult, this pass boasts incredible views the entire way. The higher you get the more impressive the lake is below and Ausangate mountain sitting directly across from we. Take some time to enjoy these beautiful views. We will have plenty of time to take wonderful and impressive photographs. After conquering the pass we continue through a vivid green valley with llamas grazing everywhere. As you approach our destination for the day we will have camp set up for you to enjoy your surroundings and relax.
DAY 4: ANANTA — RAINBOW MOUNTAIN — Q´ESIUNO — CUSCO
We will wake you up extra early in the morning so you will can be the first people to the top of the Rainbow Mountain. After a hot breakfast, and some coca tea we will start with the first uphill climb- Ananta pass. Here you will see the beautiful Rainbow Mountain in the distance. From here you descend to a large valley and continue walking until we are presented with one final climb to the Vinicunca Mountain. We are going be the first ones at the Rainbow Mountain to enjoy the place at all with plenty of time for photographing, walk around and enjoy the beauty of the area. After we hike downhill for 2.5 hours to Qesoyuno where you have a delicious lunch surrounded by mountains. After lunch the car from the company will pick up us to drive back to cusco for 3.5 hours to take you back to your hotel.
- Briefing a day before to start the trek
- A professional trekking tour guide
- Transportations from cusco to starting point of the trek + transportation from qesoyuno to cusco
- Cooks and cooking equipment
- Horse to carry all the equipmet
- Horseman to be in charge of all the packs
- 1 Duffle Bag to organise 7 kilos of your personal belongins for the trek. It will be carry by horses.
- 1 confortable sleeping tent for each 2 people
- 1 confortable Mattresses per person
- Entrance to the rainbow mountain
- 4 breakfast
- 4 lunches
- 3 dinner
- 3 tea time
- first aid kit
- Oxygen bottle
- Final dinner.
- Sleeping bags
- Walking Sticks: you can hire from our company
- Additional horses for extra personal luggage above that of the personal item allowance.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips (the amount you tip (or if you tip) is a personal decision and it is NOT an obligation.
WHAT TO BRING
- A backpack
- A beanie hat or ear warmer
- Sun hat
- A mid weight sweater
- A longsleeve t-shirt
- 1 – 2 t-shirts
- A lightweight suater or vest
- A pair of long pants
- Hiking shoes
- An extra pair of shoe
- 2 – 3 pairs wool socks
- A jacket
- A small towel
- Rain gear
- 1 – 2 pair shorts
- A small headlamp
- A toothbrust and other personal toiletries
- Toilet paiper
- Sun cream
- Camera and film
- Original passport (International Student Identity Card “ISIC” if applicable)
- Extra money for drinks.
- Emergency money at least 300-450 extra soles (USD$ 220)
List of objects to take to the trek.
This walk leaves every day of the year.
- Pre payment per person: 50% of the payment per person
- Balance: 50% before departure. - Terms and Conditions -
- PERSON - - PRICE - 2 $ ---.00 3 - 4 $ ---.00 5 - 7 $ ---.00 8 - More $ ---.00
“This Trek to Rainbow Mountain is available on any date that is best suited for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers”
Get On Touch